We would like to recognize the following individuals for their work in organizing this year’s festival:
Executive Director: Ashley Sidon
Director: Joyce Beyer
Media Manager: Anna Steenson
Board of Advisors
Student Undergraduate Assistant: Paul Ching
The Zenith Chamber Music Festival is an annual summer chamber music concert series in Des Moines highlighting national and international guest artists as well as local artists.
This festival is dedicated to highlighting professional musicians from across the globe as well as local artists. The mission and goals of the festival include:
- Enhancing arts in the community through innovative programming.
- Offering performances in diverse and unique and intimate venues.
- Collaborating with area educators to provide interactive community outreach.
- Building strong community ties through creative partnerships with local and regional businesses.
- Celebrating the arts by bringing world-renowned artists to the area to perform for and alongside local artists.
While Drake University is a principal partner in providing facilities for rehearsals, master classes, and concerts, the festival is a free community event that will focus on bringing classical music to various venues for Des Moines audiences and will rely on significant patron response and business sponsorship. The structure of the festival, which includes both highly regarded professional musicians and selected aspiring professionals, also provides opportunities for mentoring young artists. Last year’s festival held a Young Artist master class for pre-college students.
For more information, contact Ashley Sandor Sidon at 515-271-2887 or contact Dr. Ashley Sidon